The idea of turning your home into a smart home is less of an idea and more a reality. With cutting edge technology it’s important that security companies keep up. Home automation not only makes your life easier, but it comes with many benefits.
6 Benefits of Home Automation
- Safety: You can make your home safer and more secure with home automation. Use automated lighting to deter thefts while you are out of the home, or video doorbells to double check who could be ringing your doorbell. You can also control your door locks while away from your home, or late at night if you’ve forgotten to lock up. If your home alarm sounds while you are away, you can get a video notification straight to your smartphone so you can see if it is a false alarm or not.
- Savings: Smart technology allows you to control parts of your home that you would typically not be able to. You can automate everything from your lights, to your sprinkler system. Which will give you savings in the long run.
- Control: Being able to control things in your home from your smartphone or tablet makes life easier. Unsure if you locked the front door while driving away from your house? You can now pull over and lock your door from your phone, instead of having to turn around and drive back. Are you in a hurry to get home and out of the summer heat? Have your thermostat on and ready by the time you get there.
- Convenience: Some things can be a chore that you may often forget to do. With home automation, all of the things you used to hate doing, you can now do from the palm of your hand.
- Comfort: Home automation can make your house more comfortable. For example, you can schedule when your lights turn on or off or create entire scenarios that happen automatically. Like a “Goodnight” scene that turns the lights off and locks the doors. Or an “Out for the Evening” scene that turns specific lights on after dark. These features of home automation can help create a cozy and comfortable environment.
Contact the Home Security Experts
If you are considering a home automation system, Bay Alarm can help. With our Bay Alarm App, you can automate your home to control your lights, locks, doorbell camera, and so much more, all from the palm of your hand. Contact us today to get started!