Most companies have rules and regulations when it comes to computer usage. Many companies even have firmware set up to prevent external, and internal data attacks. Keeping data safe at work is vital to your company and your employees; your company information, your personal information, and the information of your employees’ is at risk.
Best Ways to Keep Business Data Secure
- Use Anti-Malware protection. Malware, or malicious software, is a serious issue and known for infiltrating and damaging computers without consent. Types of malware include worms, Trojan horses, computer viruses, spyware, Scareware and more. Malware is easy to avoid with a good anti-virus protection program, periodic scans for spyware, and your own due diligence with phishing emails and links.
- Update your operating system frequently. This can be a hassle for some, especially larger companies – but it is necessary for your data health. These updates help protect your computer from recently discovered threats. Think of if as your computer trying to clean itself.
- Practice password hygiene. This one is the most understated, but most important things you can do to keep your data safe. Change your passwords for computers, emails, and log-ins on a regular basis. Some companies automate their password change time frames to their employees – letting them know every couple of months that it’s time to update passwords to something completely new.
- Secure your wireless network. By securing your network, you are preventing unauthorized individuals within proximity of your business to log into your network. If you choose to have a Wi-Fi network, make sure it is secured, encrypted, and hidden.
- Don’t share your password information. If you keep your passwords on a shared file, or in a shared location, don’t. When installing a business security system your security company can walk you through how to change all of your access codes and passwords from the default set up.
Consult the Business Security
Experts at Bay Alarm
While securing your business with Bay Alarm, an installation expert will walk you through how to make sure your passwords are updated from the default and kept safe. These are a few steps to make sure that your information is kept safe from data thieves.
Bay Alarm can help you plan and install an industry-leading business security system whether you have one location or many. Request a free, custom quote today.
>> Want to learn more right now? Download our free 15 Point Business Security Checklist.