Top Reasons Why You Should
Have a Home Alarm System

According to the FBI, in 2017 there were roughly 1,401,840 burglaries reported in the United States with over 50% being forced entry. Despite the high number of burglaries, only about 17% of the population have a home security system. Leaving 83% without a security system and at risk for harm.

There are many benefits of a home alarm system ranging from preventing break-ins, to monitoring and calling first responders on your behalf. The most essential reason to invest in a security system is to deter crime in your home and neighborhood. According to the Greenwich Study of Residential Security, homes without a system are up to 3.5 times more likely to get burglarized.

With a home security system, you can do many things like protect your home from theft and fire, monitor your home remotely, and even potentially lower your insurance premium. Bay Alarm can help you get the security system your home is missing.

3 Important Reasons to Get a
Security System for Your Home

  1. Protect and secure your home.

    The main reason to install a home security system is to ensure protection of your family and property. With 88% of all burglaries being in a residential area, a home security system will help prevent these crimes. When you have a monitored alarm system and the safety status of your home changes, you and the proper authorities will be notified.

    Another benefit to professional monitoring of your home alarm system is fire and carbon monoxide protection. A monitoring service can alert the authorities of detected fire or carbon monoxide before you may have the opportunity to. Fires can be dangerous and cause sometimes irreparable damage in a short amount of time. Carbon monoxide can be deadly and untraceable with a special detector.

  2. Remotely manage your home activity.

    With today’s technology, you can see what is going on in and around your home while you are away right from your smartphone. With Bay Alarm Link home automation app, you can manage your home while you are on vacation, at work, or out of the home running errands. You can also have your home ready for you when you get home. With Z-Wave technology, you can set up timers and schedules to control your lights, locks and thermostat, so that your home is ready when you are.

  3. Lower your homeowner’s insurance premiums.

    When your home is secure, there is less risk to insurance companies. Most large insurance companies will discount your monthly bill if you have taken the steps to be sure your home is safe from intrusion.

Bay Alarm can help you with all of your home security and fire alarm needs, like setting up the right system to protect your home. Contact us to get a free quote today!