Founded in 1946, Bay Alarm is a family-run, locally-operated company with security our one and only business. It's also our passion. We live and work in the communities we protect. That makes us different from many security companies. We know the needs of neighborhoods like yours. We’re dedicated to working with community organizations that keep you informed and protected. And we guarantee that our products, workmanship and services always exceed your expectations—all of which gives you the peace of mind you want and deserve.
Safe, secure neighborhoods happen when communities build programs that empower, educate, and improve quality of life for those who live and work there. That’s why we support charities and organizations that benefit communities like yours.
Bay Alarm is proud of its affiliations and associations with organizations committed to keeping you safe and secure.
Law Enforcement Agencies
- Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Department
- Contra Costa County Law Enforcement Training Center (LETC)
Alarm Industry Organizations
- American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA)
- Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA)
- Electronic Security Association (ESA)
- Factory Mutual Approvals (FM)
- National Systems Contractors Association (NSCA)
- Underwriters Laboratories Listed (UL)
- Western Burglar and Fire Alarm Association Unilateral Apprenticeship Training Committee (WBFAA)
Burglar Alarm Associations
- California Alarm Association (CAA)
- Local Area Alarm Associations
Fire Alarm Associations
- Automatic Fire Alarm Association (AFAA)
- California Automatic Fire Alarm Association (CAFAA)
Balco Properties Ltd., LLC was formed in 1976 by the principals of Bay Alarm Company. Since its inception, Balco has taken an owner-managed approach, making sure customers have access to great property and first-class property management.
Fire Department Organizations
- Northern California Fire Prevention Association (NorCal FPO)
- Southern California Fire Prevention Association (SoCal FPO)
What are the benefits of having a monitored burglar/fire alarm system?
Our Monitoring Center is staffed with our own industry-leading, highly-trained professionals who can dispatch the proper authorities within seconds of an emergency. We are also UL-listed and Five Diamond Certified. We can even help identify and prevent false alarms, saving you the trouble of irritated neighbors or false alarm fees.Learn More
Why can't I buy a system over the phone or online?
Security systems shouldn’t be one size fits all. That’s why we insist on sending one of our security experts to your property instead of just showing up to install. This way you end up with a customized security system that suits you and your property’s needs.Learn More
Can I arm and disarm my system from my smartphone or tablet?
Yes, you can! We offer a service called Total Connect that connects a free app for your mobile device.Learn More