Benefit From Our Experience Securing Homes and Businesses For More Than 70 Years
Founded in 1946, Bay Alarm is a family-run, locally-operated company with security our one and only business. It's also our passion. We live and work in the communities we protect. That makes us different from many security companies. We know the needs of neighborhoods like yours. We’re dedicated to working with community organizations that keep you informed and protected. And we guarantee that our products, workmanship and services always exceed your expectations—all of which gives you the peace of mind you want and deserve.
Learn More About Bay Alarm
Now in its third generation, Bay Alarm is the largest independently owned security company in the nation. Watch this interview with the current generation of the Westphal family to learn more about Bay Alarm's roots and commitment to building community.
Safe, secure neighborhoods happen when communities build programs that empower, educate, and improve quality of life for those who live and work there. That’s why we support charities and organizations that benefit communities like yours.
Bay Alarm is proud of its affiliations and associations with organizations committed to keeping you safe and secure.
Law Enforcement Agencies
- Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Department
- Contra Costa County Law Enforcement Training Center (LETC)
Alarm Industry Organizations
- American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA)
- The Monitoring Association (TMA)
- Electronic Security Association (ESA)
- Factory Mutual Approvals (FM)
- National Systems Contractors Association (NSCA)
- Underwriters Laboratories Listed (UL)
- Western Burglar and Fire Alarm Association Unilateral Apprenticeship Training Committee (WBFAA)
Burglar Alarm Associations
- California Alarm Association (CAA)
- Local Area Alarm Associations
Fire Alarm Associations
- Automatic Fire Alarm Association (AFAA)
- California Automatic Fire Alarm Association (CAFAA)
Balco Properties Ltd., LLC was formed in 1976 by the principals of Bay Alarm Company. Since its inception, Balco has taken an owner-managed approach, making sure customers have access to great property and first-class property management.
Fire Department Organizations
- Northern California Fire Prevention Association (NorCal FPO)
- Southern California Fire Prevention Association (SoCal FPO)